The Hiring Process
**Important information about applying online**
Remove all graphic images from resumes before uploading them into the system; the system does not support them.
The system allows approximately 45 minutes to complete the application process. Please note: The system does not allow you to save incomplete applications. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the process will time out.
Use the back button in your browser to get back to the previous page in the application.
If you are uploading transcripts, please be sure to redact your birth year, gender and social security number.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties during your application process, please contact SILKROAD at 866.803.9663 or email to: email@example.com. Please note that you will need to establish a support ticket for assistance.
Applying for Positions
Since we do not keep resumes on file for future openings, you must complete a separate application packet for each position for which you want to apply.
Following Directions on the Job Announcement
- It is very important that you read job announcements closely.
- Your application materials should reflect the position for which you are applying.
- Directions on how to apply for the position is located within the job announcement.
- Please review job requirements carefully. If you do not meet the minimum requirements of a position or your application materials are incomplete, your application packet will not be considered further.
The Process Once You Apply
- All complete application packets are reviewed for minimum requirements after the closing date of the position.
- Application packets from all applicants that meet the minimum requirements of the position will be forwarded to a screening committee of 3-7 current employees to be reviewed.
- The committee uses this review to determine the most qualified candidates to interview.
- Depending on the job you are applying for, there may be more more specific steps to follow. For instance, some positions may require that you go through an exam phase before your interview.
- The screening committee will pass on the top qualified candidates to the hiring manager.
- The hiring manager will conduct the final interview and reference checks prior to making an offer of employment.
- All positions that require a degree carry the expectation that hired candidates provide official transcripts within 30 days of hire.
- Employment verification will also be conducted upon offer.
- Interviews will be conducted with the screening committee in person or via Skype, depending on the position requirements.
- All faculty candidates and some administrative candidates will be required to provide a teaching or public speaking presentation at their interview. You will be provided more information about the expectations prior to the interview.
- All applicants are notified once the search is complete and the position has been filled.
- Applicants are welcome to email us for a status update at ACCASKHR@arapahoe.edu